Making the decision that that you want to start taking better care of your health and wellness is step one. Deciding the best course of action to do so is step two. One of the ways you can better understand how you should proceed on your wellness journey is through reading wellness books. These books serve as a guide for you to make healthy life choices. From nutrition and finances to sleep and mental health, these books offer lots of tips to improve your quality of life.
Improve Your Life Through Your Diet
Changing your diet can help you relieve pain, reverse medical conditions and lose weight. Try these books if you’re looking to switch up your menu and improve your health through eating better.
- Power Plates by Gena Hamshaw – If you’re ready to give veganism a try, be sure to take a look at Power Plates. With 100 recipes to choose from, there’s bound to be something intriguing for almost any palate. Each recipe contains a balance of healthy fats, complex carbohydrates and proteins to create a complete meal without the use of any animal product.
- Deliciously Ella Every Day by Ella Woodward – For those who are gluten-free, Deliciously Ella contains over 100 recipes that are both plant-based and gluten-free. With tried and true recipes created by Ella to improve her personal health, these dishes can make you feel and look your best by sticking to unprocessed foods.
Better Sleep Leads to Healthier You
Getting enough sleep is crucial to functioning in basically all aspects of your life. Take a peek at these books to improve your health, productivity and general well-being simply through sleeping more soundly.
- Sleep Smarter: 21 Essential Strategies to Sleep Your Way to a Better Body, Better Health, and Bigger Success by Shawn Stevenson – You already know that a lack of sleep can leave you feeling groggy and grumpy but it can also have serious side effects on your health. Stevenson suggests a 14 day sleep makeover to improve your quality of sleep and, in turn, better your overall quality of life.
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker, PhD – Lots of important health functions occur while we sleep but few people understand exactly what happens during rest. In this book, Walker explores how a lack of sleep can have serious repercussions to your overall health and offers insight on how to make adjustments to improve your sleep.
Take Control of Your Mental Health and Be Happy
Maintaining a work-life balance is important in regulating your mental health. These books help you focus on what’s most important to you so you can find the joy in your everyday life.
- You Are A Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living An Awesome Life by Jen Sincero – When it comes to improving your mental health, there’s no need to beat around the bush and Sincero gets straight to the point in this entertaining take on a self-help book. You’ll find inspiration through her comical life stories to transform your life into what you’ve always dreamed it could be. Whether you’re looking to improve your finances, career, relationships or something else, this book will point you in the right direction.
- The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living by Meik Wiking – Denmark is known to have the happiest people in the world and their belief in hygge, a sense of comfort, togetherness and well-being, plays a big role in that happiness. Learn all about how you can incorporate this concept into your life and experience more joy on a daily basis.
Become Financially Free to Improve Your Outlook
Money is one of the biggest stress factors in life but you can lighten the burden and have more time for fun by taking control of your finances with the guides in these financial help books.
- Beautiful Money: The 4-Week Total Wealth Makeover by Leanne Jacobs – There’s more to life than working to earn a paycheck. Learn to balance work and play with this financial health book that explores how you can make more money by investing and budgeting while freeing up your time to take care of your personal health and well-being.
- Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook by Tony Robbins – Financial freedom is something that many people dream of but few know how to achieve. This step-by-step guide by world-renowned life and business strategist, Tony Robbins, can show you how to achieve this goal.