Engagement Doesn’t Matter; Employee Burnout & Artificial Intelligence Topping Wellness Trends For 2024. Remote and Hybrid Work, and 4-Day Work Week Also Top the List of Emerging Trends.
SAN DIEGO, November 9, 2024 –MediKeeper, a leading provider of customizable wellness portals to healthcare providers, insurance brokers, wellness companies, TPAs, and corporate employers, today announced their annual list of emerging trends in the Employee Wellness market for 2024.
MediKeeper’s report highlights five key trends that will play a role in employee health and wellness. According to the author of the report, Dr. Tyler Amell, Chief Health and Strategy Officer, “Understanding these trends can help organizations better plan for 2024 and beyond as well as help best support their people to be engaged and thrive in a positive health culture.”
The trends for 2024 are:
- Engagement Doesn’t Matter – what really matters is program participation by those most at risk for chronic diseases related to lifestyle behaviors, or those already with conditions (e.g., under condition management programming).
- Employee Burnout Is Not Going Away Anytime Soon – toxic workplaces, long hours, understaffing, lack of recognition, interpersonal conflict, policies that don’t make sense to workers contribute to the issue.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Will Have an Even Greater Impact – despite AI’s limitations, its usage will continue to evolve in the near future, furthermore it will grow in popularity and impact workplace health and productivity strategy and programming.
- Remote and Hybrid Work Will Be Coveted by Employees – employers should be prepared for continued pressure to accommodate worker desire for remote and hybrid work options.
- The 4-Day Work Weeks’ Time Has Come – there is mounting evidence that a switch to a 4-day work week is associated with positive benefits for all stakeholders, and that employers should consider this as part of their wellbeing strategy.
The trends identified by MediKeeper were based on data generated from the 1,100 client organizations and 13 million lives covered by MediKeeper, as well as market and health trend analysis data, and published research evidence.
Full details of the report can be found here.
MediKeeper offers a comprehensive suite of population health management tools intended for employer groups, health plans, brokers, TPA’s, and wellness companies. MediKeeper’s Wellness Portal, and Health Risk Assessment tools enable healthcare consumers to make smarter health-related decisions. Founded in 2003, MediKeeper’s technology gathers and analyzes disparate health data to help inform strategy and programming. By providing de-identified population reporting in a seamlessly integrated portal, MediKeeper’s customers are better able to manage their population’s health and make smarter wellness investments. Visit us at https://medikeeper.com/